Nation Ford Land Trust
- An 11.26 acre sunflower site off of Banks Road in Fort Mill was placed in a conservation easement in 1996 and acquired by the Nation Ford Land Trust in January 2006.
- The Bailiwyck Property contains 43.43 acres (York County Tax Map #720-00-00-018) and forms a buffer between the Bailiwyck subdivision off of Pleasant Road and Interstate I-77 in Fort Mill. The property was acquired in October 1997.
- The Civil War Battery Site contains 0.34 acres (York County Tax Map 702-00-00-026) and is located between Red River Road and the Catawba River in Rock Hill. The site was a battery for the protection of a railroad trestle across the Catawba River and is the highest point along this portion of the river, with an elevation of 550 feet. The dugout area where the battery was located is still visible. The property was acquired in February 1999.
- The Whitley Mills Property contains 27.97 acres (York County Tax Map #653-00-00-020) and provides open space adjacent to a tributary of Jackson Branch to the south and west of Whitley Mills subdivision. The property was acquired in February 2007.
- The Drake Property contains 4.98 acres (York County Tax Map #729-03-01-039) was acquired in December 2011 to form a connection between the Nation Ford Greenway and the Carolina Thread Trail.
- The Beers and Poe tracts contain approximately 5.5 acres (York County Tax Map # 600-19-05-014 and # 6001905013) and provides open space adjacent to a subdivision on the southwest side of Rock Hill. The properties were acquired in December 2014.
- The Thomasson tract contains 26.4 acres (York County Tax Map # 070-16-01-179) and provides open space adjacent to commercial development in York and protects floodplain along Langham Branch. The property was acquired in December 2014.
- The Brookside tract contains 75.4 acres (York County Tax Map #070-25-01-029) and protects open space adjacent to the Brookside subdivision in York and protects 39 acres of floodplain along Fishing Creek. The property was acquired in December 2015.
Total Acreage Owned: 195.28
Click here to see a complete list of our Conservation Easements in a new window.
Total Acreage Protected through Conservation Easements: 7,750.89 Acres
Other Protected Properties
- The Nation Ford Land Trust purchased the 296 acre Carroll Property in Rock Hill and sold it to the Catawba Indian Nation December 1998.
- The Nation Ford Land Trust purchased 300 acres and then donated it to the South Carolina Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Department for Kings Mountain State Park.
- The Nation Ford Land Trust purchased 1283 acres and in 1996 sold a portion to the county for Historic Brattonsville and the remainder to the state for the Draper Wildlife Management Area.
Total of Other Protected Acreage: 1879 Acres
Total Acreage Protected by Nation Ford Land Trust: 9,825.17 Acres
to see the Nation Ford Conserved Properties Map.
Back to Top